[wix-users] Bundle upgrade fails: Cannot read language ID

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 08:56:07 PST 2021

> Based on the docs I expect INSTALLEDLANGUAGE to fail because it's not
supported for USERUNMANAGED

If this were true, then I would have expected the earlier call to
MsiGetProductInfoEx for INSTALLPROPERTY_VERSIONSTRING to have failed as
well because it is in the same table in the docs. Technically, the SYSTEM
account is the machine user so it is not querying a per-user product from a
different user than the current user. I'm interested to see your findings
about whether the two properties behave differently.

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 5:08 PM Jacques Eloff via wix-users <