[wix-users] Build 64 Bit MSI using WiXToolSet

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:24:35 PST 2021

Thanks a lot Rob, for the quick response. However, there are some twists in
my case. The MSI is part of a Bootstrap application implemented in WPF
(XAML) using the Bootstrapper libraries. When the MSI is installed via the
Bootstrapper exe, it is adding entries in the 64 bit Registry. But, when I
extract the MSI and run separately, it is adding entries in the 32 bit
Registry. I have a requirement to remove the MSI from the Bootstrapper and
run it separately.

So, I tried rebuilding the WiX project from VS 2019 and added -arch x64 in
the compiler option, it started throwing a lot of ICE80 errors (not
warnings). For example, one is "*ICE80: This package contains 64 bit
component, but the Template Summary Property doesn't contain Intel64 or x64*"
and another one is "*ICE80:This 64BitComponent uses 32BitDirectory <path>*".
Not sure why this is occurring when I add -arch x64 and how it is working
fine from within the Bootstrapper exe. Please help.