[wix-users] Issue with Heat & MSBuild

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 07:49:28 PST 2021

I have a Visual Studio 2019 Professional and Votive for 2019 installed. I
have WixToolSet v3.11.2 also installed. When I open an existing solution
(provided by a customer), with WiX Project and try to build it, I am
getting the following error. In the PreBuild event, they are calling the
Heat command. Can anyone please help? I think the project was built long
back with WiXToolSet v3.8.

error HEAT5316: Failed to load MSBuild wrapper object: Could not load file
or assembly 'Microsoft.Build, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system
cannot find the file specified.