[wix-users] Order of Installers in Bootstrap Application

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 12:07:31 PST 2021

I am very new to Bootstrapping. Let's say there is a Bootstrapper
Application (exe) without source code. How do I get the order of installers
in that? I tried using dark.exe to decompile this and I got the installers,
but not their order or the markup bundle?

Also, I am not sure how the property values are getting passed to all the
installers? For example, in my case, although there is a top level
directory and I have 3 installers. If I use the Bootstrapper, it rightly
puts the 2nd and 3rd MSI files into a subdirectory created by the 1st MSI.
Not sure how it is doing this. I tried searching a lot, but couldn't find
it. If I try to install the MSIs separately even by assigning the property
values, it is not putting the files into the right place. I have a
requirement to remove the Bootstrapper and deal with the individual MSI
files. This has necessitated the above requirements / scenarios. Please
help.