[wix-users] Where is which package cached?

Matthias Reuss matthias.mr.reuss at wsa.com
Fri Dec 3 02:42:04 PST 2021

Hi there,

During Burn execution, is there a chance for CustomBA to find out where which package is cached?

I understand that the Burn variable WixBundleExecutePackageCacheFolder, which is meant to point to that location at least during execution of a given package, is not available to the CustomBA - there is already a bug report for this. I cannot find any hint in the BootstrapperApplicationData.xml either.

But the Burn engine must somehow determine where to cache the packages and later access that cache location for maintenance.

Best regards

Matthias Reuss