[wix-users] When does Burn use C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ vs C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Package Cache?

Shintaro Takechi devst119 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 10:25:29 PDT 2021

Not all msi are per machine.
Some prerequisite msi has the attribute ForcePerMachine="yes" but not all.
My core msi, that is not prerequisite, has <Package ...
InstallPrivileges="elevated" InstallScope="perMachine">

Just for the reference the ExePackage I can expose was written as following
(in package A and B)
<ExePackage SourceFile="$(var.NonLoadContents)\Redists\sqliteodbc_w64.exe"
InstallCondition="SILENTPREREQS=1" InstallCommand="/S" Permanent="yes"
Compressed="no" Name="redist\sqliteodbc_w64.exe"/>
Now I changed it to
<ExePackage SourceFile="$(var.NonLoadContents)\Redists\sqliteodbc_w64.exe"
InstallCondition="SILENTPREREQS=1" PerMachine="yes" InstallCommand="/S"
Permanent="yes" Compressed="no" Name="redist\sqliteodbc_w64.exe"/>