[wix-users] Help with MSM including in MSI

pavel.zelenko at ktp.solutions pavel.zelenko at ktp.solutions
Fri Apr 9 03:39:57 PDT 2021

Dear Miles, Chris,

Thanks for your prompt responses.
Yes, I would go with following approach below, please take a look and
correct me if I am wrong:
I have main "main.msi" module. I need another "additional.msi" module to be
embedded in the first one. I need to create  new .MSM  (merge module)  from
the "additional.msi" module, ( by saying this, I mean, moving files,
registries, components, etc.) and include this newly created msm module in
"main.msi".
I guess in this case they both will be installed during "main.msi"
installation.
Will this steps/approaches work with WIX?

Thanks in advance