[wix-users] error code 2755: unexpected error installing this package

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Wed Sep 30 10:53:15 PDT 2020

Please don't embed those CABS...  If I ever saw a MSI that huge I would not install it.  The MSI's get cached for uninstallation (%SystemRoot%\Installer), but aren't a valid media source for repair operations.  As such, your chewing up 2+GB of disk space only for the MSI DB.

https://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/mediatemplate.html @ MaximumUncompressedMediaSize

http://www.joyofsetup.com/2011/06/21/wix-and-cabinetry/