[wix-users] Wix Bootstrapper: Bundled Application Commandline Popup

Wiles, Dean dean.wiles at compucom.com
Tue Sep 29 17:29:36 PDT 2020

Hi Colin,
I've been working through a similar challenge with SQL Server 2019 Express
and finally got it working. I've documented my findings and the WiX code in
http://lists.wixtoolset.org/pipermail/wix-users-wixtoolset.org/2020-September/009376.html

SQL2019-SSEI-Expr.exe wraps SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe (or SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU.exe
if you need the advanced functions). The approach I used avoids having to
write your own download/extract code.

There are no docs for any of those command lines, but the /QS
switch on SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe avoided the popups that required input.

Hope this helps.

Dean.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 5:03 PM Colin Sim via wix-users <