[wix-users] Forcing a reboot after installing an MSI from a Bundle

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Fri Sep 11 11:44:17 PDT 2020

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/forcereboot-action ?

---
Short replies here. Complete answers here: https://www.firegiant.com/services/

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Rick Papo via wix-users
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 11:40 AM
To: 'WiX Toolset Users Mailing List' <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Cc: rpapo at comcast.net
Subject: Re: [wix-users] Forcing a reboot after installing an MSI from a Bundle

More info: The MSI already the following in it.

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <ScheduleReboot After="InstallFinalize"/>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

When you run the MSI directly, it reboots as requested.  When you run it
from within a Bundle, the reboot request is saved for later.   I need it to
happen at once, and for the installer to continue after the reboot.