[wix-users] Wix Bootstrapper: Bundled Application Commandline Popup

Colin Sim Colin.Sim at ipfx.com
Fri Sep 25 13:29:56 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I am trying to incorporate SQL2019-SSEI-Expr.exe (download URL https://download.microsoft.com/download/7/f/8/7f8a9c43-8c8a-4f7c-9f92-83c18d96b681/SQL2019-SSEI-Expr.exe) into my WiX setup application. The install command includes all the appropriate flags for silent install (i.e. no GUI but text will be outputted to console). When I test the WiX setup application a cmd console is launched when SQL is being installed.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue before? Is there a configuration in WiX that prevents this behavior? Is there a known workaround for this type of issue?

Thanks,
Colin

This e-mail contains IPFX information which may be privileged or confidential and is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise immediately to the e-mail address above and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. We monitor our e-mail system and may record your e-mails. Thank you.