[wix-users] installing an input locale (aka keyboard layout)

Alan Sinclair anadem at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:55:45 PDT 2020

Does anyone here know about installing a keyboard layout? I'm using the
MSKLC tool to create the layout definition DLL, but don't know what to code
in the custom action to add the locale to Windows when the DLL is deployed.

The MSKLC tool builds MSI installers but they aren't suitable for our use
(for one, they are not versioned, also don't support upgrades)

I haven't found any documentation so far, so any clues will be helpful
thanks