[wix-users] Why does UIRef has to be under Directory Fragment?

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:58:35 PST 2020

There is always a "root" fragment which pulls in all fragments referenced
directly or indirectly by that "root" fragment. For an MSI project the
"root" fragment is <Product> which is a special fragment with additional
requirements.

So, if your <Product> or some fragment that is directly or indirectly
referenced by <Product> references anything inside the fragment including
the UIRef, then you're good. I would suspect nothing is referencing the
<Directory> defined in the fragment with the UIRef so the fragment doesn't
get pulled in.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 3:41 PM Shintaro Takechi via wix-users <