[wix-users] Auto Dependencies

Marc Chantelois mchantelois at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 19:46:23 PST 2020

Let's see if this can help you...

My .net core app is build using VS2019.  I use « heat » to harvest my "publish" folder to harvest all the binary since we package all the .net core dependency part of the application.  During the « Harvest » I’m filtering the « exe », the « pdb » and the « xml » files that ends up in the publish folder (with xslt).  The harvesting create a file that regroup all the folder contain under a component group.
I create another .wsx file that will contain the component that I wanted but that I filter previously.  I do that because I wanted to add those Items with more details tag like firewall, serviceInstall, ServiceConfig, and ServiceControl.  This file refer the component group that I harvest and it also define the install location for the application.

So far it is working very well and it is easy to manage !