[wix-users] Copy full installer to local drive during install

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Mon May 4 06:29:37 PDT 2020

Nope.  We have one installer.  Basically it installs the same thing for server/workstation, just does not install as many services etc. on the client install.  So the installer that get’s copied to the workstation is the full installer.

If there was a separate client installer it would be easy to add a heat statement to the server build to grab the output files from the client build.  Meh.

The issue I have at the moment is that the custom action that deletes the copy of the setup files fails sometimes on our AWS systems with an access denied error.  I moved the delete to the finalize step of the uninstall, maybe something was holding on to the file, although that does not make sense.  😊

Thanks.