[wix-users] Missing i329: Removed package dependency provider entry in uninstall log (as part of MajorUpgrade)

Nina Eide Nina.Eide at compusoftgroup.com
Fri May 22 04:41:08 PDT 2020

Hi,

I'm writing a bootstrapper application that seems to not work properly when uninstalling in quiet mode (as part of a MajorUpgrade.)
When comparing this logfile with a logfile from an ordinary uninstall, the "[<Timestamp>]i329: Removed package dependency provider" entry is missing. I  assume it means that an action has not been executed, and I also believe that's the reason why the registry entries in SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Dependencies\{GUIDS-of-obsolete-MSI-packages} is not being removed.

What am I doing wrong in my wpf bootstrapper application? Any idea appreciated.

Log file attached

Thanks in advance,
Nina Eide