[wix-users] How to run a custom action on uninstall that runs as localhost and runs as early as possible

Angus Comber anguscomber at gmail.com
Sat May 16 10:16:27 PDT 2020

I need to run a custom action on uninstall that performs some special
actions.  To run this exe it needs to be running as localhost, so I cannot
set Impersonate="yes" but I thought when you used Impersonate="no" that you
had to run Execute="deferred"?  If that is the case then maybe that is the
problem.

Here is my custom action:

       <CustomAction Id="remove_server_CA"
              Execute="deferred"
              Impersonate="no"
              Return="asyncNoWait"
              FileKey="remove_server.exe"
              ExeCommand="[INSTALLFOLDER]" />

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="remove_server_CA" Before="InstallFinalize">(NOT
UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE) AND (REMOVE="ALL")</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

This custom action does not see to run at all.

How can I get this custom action to successfully run?

Angus