[wix-users] Custom MBA OnApplyPhaseCount

Orzyszek, Andreas Andreas.Orzyszek at dentsplysirona.com
Wed Mar 25 06:59:53 PDT 2020

________________________________

Aufgrund der aktuellen Situation rund um COVID-19 (Coronavirus) ist die Produktion von Dentsply Sirona am Standort Bensheim vor?bergehend ausgesetzt. Unser Kundenservice und Technischer Service sind weiterhin f?r Sie unter den Ihnen bekannten Telefonnummern erreichbar. Besten Dank f?r Ihr Verst?ndnis.

________________________________

Due to the current situation concerning COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Dentsply Sirona has temporarily closed its production in Bensheim. You can still contact our customer service and technical service under the known telephone numbers. Thanks for your understanding.

________________________________

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about the OnApplyPhaseCount event fired by the engine.
I did some testing and logging and it seems like it is only counting msi packages and not the exe packages in the chain.
But somehow it is respecting the exe package with the force reboot option.
Lets say we have this chain:
<chain>
  <exe package one />
  <msi package one />
  <exe package two />
  <msi package two />
  <exe package three>
    <forceReboot/>
  </exe package three>
  <msi package four>
  <msi package five>
</chain>

If I log the phaseCount in the mba before the reboot is executed I get 2.
The exe packages one, two and three are executed aswell.
Shouldn't they be counted?

I want to use this info to display a nice progressbar and checked the code of the wix installer itself. There the phaseCount is used for this case.
But the chain is only msi packages of course.

Greetings
Andreas

Sirona Dental Systems GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft / registered address: Fabrikstra?e 31, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht / court of registry: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 24948
Gesch?ftsf?hrer / Managing Director: Michael Geil, Jan Siefert
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender / Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Alexander Voelcker

Diese E-Mail ist ausschliesslich fuer den angesprochenen Adressaten
bestimmt und kann vertrauliche Informationen beinhalten.
--
This e-mail is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may
contain confidential or proprietary information.