[wix-users] Best way to compile and test a change to dutil.lib for wix3?

Jason Stephenson j.stephenson at live.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 03:28:00 PDT 2020

A continuation of: https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/4875

  1.  I've made a log line change to dutil.lib (amonst other things)
  2.  I've compiled and referenced WixIISExtension.dll in my .wixproj
  3.  When running my .msi the log line hasn't changed, indicating my code is not being executed

Questions:

  1.  What is the most efficient means of testing a change to dutil.
  2.  What exactly is involved in the execution of the WixIISExension CA's? Should I expect my altered dutil.lib code to run?