[wix-users] Installing Hyper-V from WiX

Nir Bar nir.bar at panel-sw.com
Tue Jun 23 01:45:04 PDT 2020

It accepts these attributes:

EnableFeatures: regex for feature names to enable

ExcludeFeatures: regex for features to filter out of the above list

ErrorHandling: what to do when encountering an error

To reboot if necessary add reference to WixUtilExtension and do:

<CustomActionRef Id="WixCheckRebootRequired" />

--

Nir Bar

WiX Expert

---- On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 19:18:51 +0300 Davy Durham via wix-users <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org> wrote ----

Thanks. This could prove useful!  Is there any more specific on the dism
action?  Other parameters it may accept?

Also, does it handle or assist with the need to reboot after enabling
Hyper-V before the installer can programmatically define a VM? Or must I
reboot and resume the execute phase myself?

And I would want to reboot if Hyper-V were already enabled, so does the
dism action indicate it it actually had to enable it?

Regards