[wix-users] Remove folder on uninstallation action (Folder inside Applicationfolder)

Abhishek Nene abhishek.nene at zycus.com
Thu Jul 30 08:15:10 PDT 2020

Hi,

Currently on uninstallation of msi, we are removing mentioned folder in below snippet and application related files getting removed.
Although,  "Logs" folder inside mentioned folder Contoso is not getting deleted in uninstallation action.

Below is snippet :

   <DirectoryRef Id="ApplicationProgramsFolder">
      <Component Id="ApplicationShortcut" Guid="*">
        <Shortcut Id="UninstallProduct"
                  Name="Uninstall"
                  Description="Uninstalls WordConnect"
                  Target="[System64Folder]msiexec.exe"
                  Arguments="/x [ProductCode]"/>
        <RemoveFolder Id="ApplicationProgramsFolder" On="uninstall"/>
      </Component>

    <Directory Id="ProgramMenuFolder">
        <Directory Id="ApplicationProgramsFolder" Name=" Contoso "/>
      </Directory>

How can I delete logs folder which is inside Contoso ? (Note. - Logs folder we are creating using Log4net library)

Please suggest.

Regards,
Abhishek Nene