[wix-users] MultiInstance upgrade tries to remove the wrong (default) windows service
V.Makkenze at vicrea.nl
Mon Jan 6 00:56:18 PST 2020
We have a MultiInstance setup which seemed to work fine for many years, but now we have a newer version where a windows services has been removed. (in the past we only added stuff)
During an upgrade all files are removed but not the windows service, the setup does try to remove a windows service but that is the default one not the instance one.
I stripped the setup to a bare minimum and created two version V1 and V2 where V2 doesn't have the serviceinstall
msiexec /I NSRServerComponenten.msi MSINEWINSTANCE=1 TRANSFORMS=:Instance1 MYINSTANCE="NSR" INSTALLDIR="D:\Temp\UpgradeSequence" /l*v install.log
Upgrade to V2
msiexec /I NSRServerComponenten.msi MSINEWINSTANCE=1 TRANSFORMS=:Instance1 MYINSTANCE="NSR" INSTALLDIR="D:\Temp\UpgradeSequence" /l*v upgrade.log
I included the upgrade log but it's a bit overwhelming for me.
After a lot of searching it seems that I'm not the only one but I found no solution.
Any tips are welcome,
More information about the wix-users