[wix-users] signed bootstrapper exe failing to extract

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 11:07:10 PST 2020

The process described Rick is the process you want.

1. build msi
2. sign msi externally
3. build bundle
4. sign bundle (this is a multi-step process)
   a. use insignia to detach engine.exe from bootstrapper.exe
   b. sign engine.exe externally
   c. use insignia to attach engine.exe into bootstrapper.exe
   d. sign bootstrapper.exe externally

I have used this process very successfully with embedded/compressed MSIs.

Perhaps you mean something else by compressed?

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020, 10:28 Derek Wetherall via wix-users <