[wix-users] signed bootstrapper exe failing to extract

Rick Papo rpapo at comcast.net
Thu Feb 6 06:56:00 PST 2020

I left out the MSI signing step from this description, as I was only concerned with the bootstrapper in my response.  In truth, we build our components, sign everything that can be signed, then build our MSI and VSIX packages and sign both of them, then build the bootstrapper.  We extract the core of the bootstrapper and sign that, then reinsert it into the bootstrapper.  Only then do we sign the bootstrapper itself.

It works for us.