[wix-users] signed bootstrapper exe failing to extract

Rick Papo rpapo at comcast.net
Thu Feb 6 06:33:59 PST 2020

In very broad strokes, drawn from code we actually use and with the names
changed to protect the innocent...

	"c:\program files (x86)\wix toolset v3.14\bin\insignia.exe" -ib
BOOTSTRAPPER.exe -o engine.exe

	Sign engine.exe

	"c:\program files (x86)\wix toolset v3.14\bin\insignia.exe" -ab
engine.exe BOOTSTRAPPER.exe -o BOOTSTRAPPER.exe

	erase engine.exe

	Sign BOOTSTRAPPER.exe

Substitute your sign utility and the version of INSIGNIA.exe.  Use whatever
name you want for "engine.exe".