[wix-users] IIS Default Web Site Require SSL setting

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 02:33:36 PST 2020

I need to set "Require SSL" to true for Default Web Site through my MSI.
For that, I am using the following WiX fragment. But it is still not
working. Is it mandatory to associate certificate?

  <iis:WebSite Id="DefaultWebSite" Description="Default Web Site"
Directory="wwwroot">
      <iis:WebAddress Id="DefaultWebSiteAddr" Port="80" IP="*"
*Secure="yes"* />
    </iis:WebSite>

Please help. I can't associate a certificate upfront, as it would vary for
every customer. Hence it (associating certificate) will be done manually,
outside of the MSI. But, I just need Require SSL to be true for Default Web
Site.