[wix-users] MSI as a wrapper for EXEs

Herman van Drie hvandrie at outlook.com
Tue Dec 8 23:59:54 PST 2020

Fairly simple using Binary table and calling Exe's as CA's.
However, what exactly do your Exe's do? If they themselves call to (un)install another Msi this won't work as you can't start another Windows Installer session within a session. You'd then would need to change to Multiple Package Transaction method using a specific embedded chainer.

So, what exactly is it what those Exe's do?