[wix-users] Is there any way to create wix patch with removed components

Nir Bar nir.bar at panel-sw.com
Sun Dec 6 00:09:27 PST 2020

You can't remove components in a minor upgrade

However you can add a condition to the removed components such that in practice they'll evaluate to false and be removed

--

Nir Bar

WiX Expert

---- On Thu, 03 Dec 2020 16:12:59 +0200 Sakshi Mittal via wix-users <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org> wrote ----

Hi,

I was trying to create patch update with removed components.

Let's suppose Product 1.0 version has A.dll, B.dll and C.dll and in Product 2.0 version has A.dll updated and B.dll and C.dll both gets removed.

1.     Is this possible to create patch (.msp) between 1.0 and 2.0 with the removed dlls ?

2.     If yes, what is the easy way we can do to create patch with several removed components (approx 500 components)

3.     Also if we don't want to write each component manually in Patch file.

4.     And want to generate patch dynamically in one shot. Is there any best way we can try.

Thanks,

Sakshi