[wix-users] Uninstall application programmatically using GUID in C#

Abhishek Nene abhishek.nene at zycus.com
Thu Dec 3 04:23:25 PST 2020

Hi,

I am trying to uninstall and install programmatically using C# in our VSTO add-in. Although, its msi we are creating using WIX Toolset.

How to get GUID for setup project / GUID of application to uninstall application using msiexec.exe through powershell.

Could not able to get exact GUID of application. (In Wix setup , Product Id = "*" does this need to be change or any other way to get exact Product Code of application which is installed in system to uninstall.)

Please suggest.

Regards,
Abhishek Nene