[wix-users] Does WixTools have an equivalent for Linux?

Johan Heikkila johan.heikkila at fi.abb.com
Sun Aug 9 23:32:24 PDT 2020

Hi,

The WiX toolset is for Windows. So you have to look elsewhere. There is msitools for instance (https://wiki.gnome.org/msitools), but it is not feature complete. It is being developed, though. I remember that I tried doing something with it once and you can build a basic installer with it, but not anything complicated.

A separate project to sign (or verify signature of) MSI files, osslsigncode, is quite handy on linux, though.

Regards,
Johan