[wix-users] Creating patches with WiX

Wim Brosens wim.brosens at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 00:51:35 PDT 2020

We have a .Net application with thousands of dlls, files, ...
We created a large WiX solution to create an msi for the installation of
this product.

Can I create a WiX patch (msp) project for one 1 (or 2) of the files in the
msi, without creating a whole new msi for the application ? And how should
I do this ?

In the WiX documentation I found only a patch solution with pyro, needing
to build a new MSI and creating a patch based upon the diff of the two
msi's, which is not suitable for us because of the long build time of the
WiX project  ...

Kind regards,
Wim Brosens