[wix-users] Patching Best Practices and Recommendations

Nick Elmer NElmer at veriato.com
Fri Aug 7 11:03:39 PDT 2020

Hi All,
I'm looking for recommendations. In my previous roles we used MSIMSP and PCP files for building patches via administrative installations of a single MSI deliverable. Now I find myself implementing patching for a new product which has a bundle and multiple chained packages. I found http://www.joyofsetup.com/2013/07/16/easy-pure-wix-patching-with-melt/ which looks great. However, since I have no experience with it, I'm looking to see if there are any published best practices or caveats with the two approaches when it comes to patching bundles.

Thanks
Nick