[wix-users] How to Detect if Bundle is Being Upgraded vs Uninstalled

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Apr 28 15:32:17 PDT 2020

> This is an issue for me because ExePackage, if I understand correctly, executes before Plan().

No.

--
Short replies here. Complete answers here: https://www.firegiant.com/services/

Thank you for your reply. The WixBunleInstalled would be set to true in the instances of upgrade and uninstall so I don't think this can be used to differentiate one over the other. BOOTSTRAPPER_ACTION, according to the documentation, is "updated during the call to IBootstrapperEngine::Plan()".
This is an issue for me because ExePackage, if I understand correctly, executes before Plan().