[wix-users] Cannot update the currently installed product to a newer version (the third version component is changed)

Tigran Galoyan tigran.galoyan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:44:48 PDT 2020

Hi Jacob,

But I don't change the Major or minor versions, those stay "1.10". I change
only the 3rd and 4th. The forth is ignored anyways, but the 3rd changes. So
once we have a major upgrade we will bump up the first component of the
version from 1 to 2 and we'll also change the Product Id, but for now we
don;t need it. However, we should still be able to upgrade the product
having the 3rd component increased.

Thanks,
Tigran