[wix-users] Wix Bootstrapper Not Uninstalling Self Upgraded MSI

Arjen Mercado Arjen.Mercado at hamiltoncompany.com
Thu Apr 16 07:14:59 PDT 2020

Hi All,

Thanks for the response, Matthew. That's the route I was heading but I wanted to make sure there were no cleaner (more native) way to handle this. This route would mean that I would add the custom action to the bundle with an uninstall condition to ensure the powershell script to uninstall the MSI is only run during a bundle uninstall. Is there any way to make the change to the MSI installer (also WiX project) directly and somehow keep that dependency link it has to its parent bundle when upgrading the MSI separately?