[wix-users] Lost Shortcuts in Latest build

Brian E brianke at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 07:20:58 PDT 2019

We have a WiX project that creates a few desktop and start menu shortcuts.
This project has been working correctly for months until today.  Our latest
installation test revealed that the Start menu shortcuts are no longer
being created.  The WiX project has not been changed in over a month and
the executables that the shortcuts point to have not changed..

Is there something in the log file created using

msiexec /i Myproject.msi /l*v MyProject.txt

that would help me determine why the shortcuts are not being created?

Or has anyone else encountered this issue and found a solution?

TIA
Brian

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.  -
Albert Einstein