[wix-users] MBA: Leave packages unmodified on update

Heiner Violet H.Violet at medidok.de
Wed Sep 11 01:40:26 PDT 2019

Hi all,

we would like some packages of our mba to remain unmodified during update. That means the old version should stay on the system - neither updated nor uninstalled.
We tried to achieve this by setting args.State = RequestState.None in the BootstrapperApplication. PlanPackageBegin Event fort he packages in question.
Unfortunately we observed, that the packages in question are nevertheless removed during an update-Installation.

Is it possible to achieve our goal? Or are all packages either updated or removed on an update?

Thanks in advance,
Heiner.