[wix-users] Add a checkbox in "InstallDir" Dialog

Vladimir Kolobkov vkolobkov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 00:30:00 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm not sure that i understood you correctly, but here is how i did changes
in predefined WIX dialogs:
Get dialog which you need to modify from WIX sources.
Change the name, in my case i was adding Custom as prefix
(ExitDialog=>CustomExitDialog).
Change the dialog to suit your needs.
Add publish element to UI element of yours WIX project similar to this:
      <Publish Dialog="CustomExitDialog" Control="Finish" Event="DoAction"
Order="998"
Value="LaunchApplication"><![CDATA[WIXUI_EXITDIALOGOPTIONALCHECKBOX =
1]]></Publish>
      <Publish Dialog="CustomExitDialog" Control="Finish" Event="EndDialog"
Order="999" Value="Return">1</Publish>

Sources for dialogs you can find in WIX sources -
https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3/tree/develop/src/ext/UIExtension/wixlib

Best regards,
Vladimir Kolobkov

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 at 02:30, snr via wix-users <