[wix-users] Convincing internal MSI to run during Modify mode with custom bootstrapper

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Wed Oct 23 11:58:53 PDT 2019

I got this idea to work by setting a variable.  I am still not sure why it did not work using the feature name, but at least I seem to have something that works now.  I will circle back to this again later.  I assume my original condition is just incorrect, but I have other fish to fry at this time.

Thanks for the suggestions.

This code correctly installes/uninstalls the feature.
    <Feature Id="FeatureChange" Title="Feature To Force Change Mode" Level="0">
      <Condition Level="1"><![CDATA[(ENABLE_FEATURE_CHANGE = "1")]]></Condition>
    </Feature>