[wix-users] A burn query

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Mon Oct 14 10:43:44 PDT 2019

I can't tell you how many clients I've had that could benefit from your hypothetical "Fire"  application.  It's not in the budget to create one for someone (not even close)  so I do the hacking to display the internal MSI UI.

I feel a little dirty doing it (and explain why I feel that way)  but the experience works and the price is right.

I really wish "Fire" existed because the old InstallShield  setup prereqs model (pre suite installers)  worked just fine for me.

An alternative to fire would be a premade custom bootstrapper application that allowed me to efficiently port the UI / business rules from the MSI to Burn.

The key in all these scenarios is it needs to be quick and easy cheap.  These aren't in-house applications where I'm on staff and can spend weeks or months developing something that's beyond amazing.