[wix-users] Add a checkbox in "InstallDir" Dialog

snr gsnreddy1234 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 09:29:38 PDT 2019

Hi,

I would like a checkbox in "InstallDir" dialog. I found some threads where
they mentioned that we need to update *WixUI_InstallDir.wxs* and
*InstallDirDlg.wxs* files to add a checkbox. I also found a link where we
can add a checkbox by adding below code to display that checkbox in
exitdialog. Is there any similar property to add a checkbox on InstallDir
Dialog? Can you please suggest a best way to add a check box or text on the
WiX default dialogs?

<Property Id="WIXUI_EXITDIALOGOPTIONALCHECKBOXTEXT" Value="Launch My
Application Name" />
https://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/howtos/ui_and_localization/run_program_after_install.html

I would like to set a property based on user selection of a Checkbox in my
installer.

Regards,
Satya