[wix-users] Package.InstallerVersion allowable values

Sean Brockway Sean.Brockway at ncm.com
Thu Oct 10 10:33:15 PDT 2019

Hello Group,

What are the allowable values that I can provide for:
<Package InstallerVersion="200"
I found the documentation, but it only mentions 200 and 405
https://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/package.html

I have an installer that needs to run on XP sp3, and am going through the best practices guide, which mentions upgrading your installer version<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/windows-installer-best-practices#update-the-windows-installer-version>. Up till now we've been using 200. I think I can get away with 3.0, 3.1 or even 4.5 from my reading, so I want to know what values to try with InstallerVersion attribute.
The documentation mentions 405 which I'm not sure if that is a typo and meant 450, or if that is intended?
I'd guess 300 for 3.0?
3.1 is 301 or 310?

Lastly, how do I check what version has been built into my MSI?
I open my MSI with Orca, but don't see any tables with InstallerVersion = 200, unless it is a conventional default.

Thanks.

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by phone or return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. The sender makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free. In order to unsubscribe from future commercial communications from NCM, please forward this message with your unsubscribe request to: unsubscribe @ ncm.com or write us at: NCM, Attn: Customer Service, 6300 S Syracuse Way, Suite 300, Centennial, CO 80111. Thank you.