[wix-users] Mysterious behavior in MSI

Habib Salim habib at hsalim.com
Wed Nov 6 20:48:53 PST 2019

Thanks for the response.

I have Orca and InstEdIt! But I can’t tell where my customActions dll is
located.

WinRAR shows the dlls inside the archive but nothing else – not my dll or
anything that would represent the installer tables/instructions.

This MSI only creates new databases.  all objects are only created, and a
few inserts of “setup” type data.

I’ve used the install logs to troubleshoot installs but I did not because
it might not be traceable there.

I do think that maybe an older copy of my dll stuffed is hiding in the
MSI.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/reducing-the-size-of-an--msi-file

is there a way to start a new MSI from scratch? A commandline switch?

Regards

Habib