[wix-users] InstallValidate returns 3 - disk space

Jacques Eloff repstosd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 09:13:38 PST 2019

Hi

I'm looking at a log and trying to piece together what happened. After
costing is complete, the following is reported:

PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding OutOfDiskSpace property. Its value is '0'.
PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding OutOfNoRbDiskSpace property. Its value is '0'.
PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding PrimaryVolumeSpaceAvailable property. Its value is
'0'.
PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding PrimaryVolumeSpaceRequired property. Its value is
'0'.
PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding PrimaryVolumeSpaceRemaining property. Its value is
'0'.

What's weird is that OutOfDiskSpace is 0, and according to the MSI docs,
that should be indicating there is space available. However, the
PrimaryVolume* properties indicate there is no space available.
Subsequently, InstallValidate returns 3 and the install fails.

Is there anything that would explain what appears to be contradicting
values for these properties?

I looked at a number of logs on my own machine where installs completed
successfully, and they all seem to be reporting these properties as 0 so
I'm a bit confused if I'm on the right track here.

Thanks,
Jacques