[wix-users] Manual uninstall

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Wed Nov 13 06:38:34 PST 2019

Hi,

Is there a resource out there that explains how the registry keys fit together for the WiX Toolset Bootstrapper and in my case, I have an internal hidden MSI install as well.

I accidentally removed a custom action I was still using and that caused the uninstall to fail.  Is there a way to force remove all the remnants of the installer?  I normally manually delete certain registry keys, but of course that leaves thousands of entries created by the MSI.

A tool that already does this would be nice, but I would like to understand the relationship between the registry keys/Guids of the bootstrapper down to the internal MSI down to all the MSI's bits and pieces.

Thanks,
Tyrel