[wix-users] Mysterious behavior in MSI

Habib Salim habib at hsalim.com
Wed Nov 6 06:47:52 PST 2019

Hello,

I have a custom action in my msi that creates a database with tables and
other SQL objects.  Object definitions are in an xml file, which is
packaged into the project as an embedded resource.

This has been working beautifully for some time now.

I recently changed the XML  - dropped a few tables for example, by editing
the XML.  I’ve looked it every way I can – I even opened the dll in
Resharper and verified that the XML does not contain those tables.

Still, when I run the installer, the tables are created - I just cant
figure out why.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Habib