[wix-users] Bal ext requirement to be included when building MSIs/etc

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Mon May 27 19:12:51 PDT 2019

Order shouldn't matter.

From: Blair Murri <osito at live.com>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2019 6:46 PM
To: Rob Mensching <rob at firegiant.com>; WiX Toolset Users Mailing List <wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Subject: Re: Bal ext requirement to be included when building MSIs/etc

So, whenever .net framework decides to require platform specific additional items we will need to require all consumers of the netfx extension to also supply the bal extension (and require that the Bal extension be supplied on the command line before the netfx extension) for an MSI that wants to reference the netfx properties to be buildable.
I would propose an enhancement that would allow the extensions to be provided in any order and still work. At least that would make this feature of the implementation a little less onerous.