[wix-users] Error LGHT0136 due to secure properties in a merge module?

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Wed May 8 03:59:08 PDT 2019

Secure properties in a merge module don't make that much sense.  Who wants to pass  SOMEPROPERTY.SOMELONGGUID=Something at the command line?

I would set the SuppressModularization attribute instead and then also define the the property as secure somewhere else in say the Product.wxs or similiar fragment.

You'll get a warning about SuppressingModularization not reccomended in Merge Modules but I don't buy that advice.