[wix-users] Roll your own bundle update

Jacques Eloff repstosd at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:43:32 PDT 2019

Hi

I've been playing around with the <Update Location"..." /> inside a bundle.
It appears that when setting e.Result = Result.Ok in DetectUpdateBegin, the
engine continues and expects an Atom feed.

Is it possible to create your own update mechanism, e.g. using a JSON feed?
I assume it's doable, though it appears that DetectUpdate never fires if
you set the result in DetectUpdateBeing to something other than Ok.

Should I just do all the work inside DetectUpdateBegin or am I overlooking
something?

Thanks,
Jacques