[wix-users] How to use MSBuild Extension Pack via NuGet?

Mihajlo Cvetanović mcvetanovic at gmail.com
Fri May 10 09:46:46 PDT 2019

Hi all. I want to use MSBuild Extension Pack in my WiX 3.11 project, but
I'd rather not install it explicitly if I have a choice and would rather
use it automatically (so that next developer does not have to know about
it). There is a NuGet package, but when I try to install it to my wixproj
project I get this message:

Could not install package 'MSBuild.Extension.Pack 1.9.1'. You are trying to
install this package into a project that targets
'Unsupported,Version=v0.0', but the package does not contain any assembly
references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For
more information, contact the package author.

Maybe I should ask in a different place, but maybe someone here already has
experience with this problem.